Purpose of the survey conducted in six kindergartens in Ruse:
- To determine the attitudes and awareness of professionals working with young children regarding the signs of domestic violence and aggression.
- To determine their ability to deal with the issue analytically and to work with both the children and their parents towards a solution.
The survey revealed the following results:
- 52% of respondents find that they need additional information on work practices directed towards prevention of violence in children;
- 55% of them think that parents need instruction on the emotional development of children;
- 73% said that in their kindergarten has a system that allows parents to have discussions with individual teachers or the kindergarten director. However, the current method is not sufficiently effective.