Bulgaria’s first Early Childhood and Family Resource Centre (“family centre” for short) is an award-winning facility that was opened in 2017 in the city of Ruse. It is wholly owned and operated by Equilibrium.
It operates as an informal meeting place for families with young children (those under 7) and offers a combination of first-class facilities and access to a team of professionals skilled in early years’ care and family counseling.
The family centre is available to Ukrainian mothers and their young children who are invited to make use of our services during their stay in Ruse or while making the transition from points of arrival in Bulgaria (eg bus or train stations, travelling by car) to other destinations if they find they need somewhere to go for shelter, for professional advice or simply to pass the time. Overnight stay of 1 family can also be accommodated.
- There is a fully-functioning kitchen and we provide all necessary food products for babies and adults to prepare snacks and meals. We can provide baby milk and purees.
- There are bathroom facilities and we can provide all the necessary equipment and toiletries / towels.
- There are baby-changing facilities and places where infants can sleep undisturbed. We can provide nappies and baby cosmetics, bedding.
- There is an indoor play area and children can be accompanied to the nearby park
- There are extensive multimedia facilities (screen links) and WIFI connection throughout the building
- Equilibrium manages a network of child-and-family services meaning that we have our own team of professionals and working relationships with other agencies and public institutions
- We have Russian and English speaking psychologists and social workers who can provide advice, counselling and support to access health and educational services
- Our centre-based psychologist can be supported by professionals from the other social services to provide short-term child minding while mothers need to visit other institutions or services
While the centre is designed for children of preschool age, they can be accompanied by their older peers who can also be catered for.
Address: Dorоstol 22, Ruse
Contact 1 : firstname.lastname@example.org / 00 359 884 511385 (Russian and English)
Contact 2: email@example.com / 00 359 885 663421 (Russian)